Monday, June 29, 2009

Back to Basics

Last week I found myself so into keeping up with Tweets and Facebook and other social networking tools that I lost myself! I was so involved in reading and responding to tothers that before I knew it, time had flown by and things I wanted to do, other than this didn't get accomplished.

I really wondered at that and came to the conclusion that this is one of those things that as Paul said is "permissable but not beneficial"; for me anyway. (1 Cor. 6:12, 1 Cor. 10:23). So, now these things are on a schedule of sorts. I found a program/plug-in for MS Outlook called TwinBox that lets me store up and peruse on my time. It helps. Don't mis-understand. I really enjoy these things-they make me feel "connected" and in touch with everyone. I also understand that for some, this is part of their work and/or ministry. But for me-it is something that needed to be trimmed and tamed.

Along the same lines, I've lost sight of some of the basics of my faith as I do the work of building my little website ministry. It is hard work and take up a LOT of time. Time stolen from my time with the Lord. I could rationalize and say "But its His work"...and that would be true. But how good a job can I do if I don't keep in touch with the boss? And how easy it is to lose sight of who the Lord is.

So, this week my first priority is to re-visit who Jesus is; biblically, historically and personally. Sort of like a second honeymoon! I truly have missed that "first love" feeling.

So, where did I start? In the book of John, of course. John 1:1-4 reminds me that Jesus was, is and ever shall be as the "logos"; "the WORD". Did you know that John actually borrowed this term "logos" from greek philosophy? It was a term used to describe the "all encompassing, uncomprehensible Creator".

That is my Lord! That is my King! And I think that is where I will dwell for awhile. Its a lot to meditate on. And just think, He, the Word, is my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment